The Public Works Department is responsible for the efficient operation of many essential aspects of the City’s infrastructure. From street repairs and mowing the City parks, to ensuring the safety of the potable water system, the citizens of Rose Hill benefit from our daily efforts. Our main responsibilities include:
- STREETS: Maintenance & repairs of streets, lights, signs and signals
- PARKS: Landscaping, equipment maintenance, ball field grooming, trash removal, etc.
- WATER: Distribution of safe potable water to taps, maintain fire hydrants, monthly meter readings, and the safe continuous operation of the water towers and booster station.
- WASTEWATER: Operation and maintenance of the Waste Water Treatment Facility, four lift stations, miles of sewer mains and hundreds of manholes.
- SUSTAINABILITY INITIATIVES: Maintain the Green Waste Site.
More detailed information on any of these functions can be found by clicking on their designated page (under the “DEPARTMENTS” heading), or by clicking on the links above.
- Water & Sewer Supervisor
- Casey Starnes
- Park & Streets Supervisor
- Helpful Phone Numbers:
- Public Works Staff
125 W. Rosewood
Rose Hill, KS 67133
Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
(Closed for lunch from 12:00-1:00 pm)
Phone: (316) 776-2712
Fax: (316) 776-2769