Rose Hill was awarded $66,000 as part of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) special Coronavirus stimulus round of funding also known as CDBG-CV. CDBG-CV funds applied for and received by Rose Hill are to be used to help businesses in Rose Hill affected by COVID-19, retain jobs for low-to-moderate income employees, and to help businesses who are struggling to reopen due to the pandemic. CDBG-CV grant funds can be used to pay for the following expenses:
- Working Capital such as wages, utilities, rent,
- Other expenses such as sanitizing equipment, hand sanitizing stations, and other items necessary to protect patrons and employees.
- The purchase of 60 days’ worth of inventory to reopen. (60 days to begin on the day the business reopens if )
Additional information is as follows:
- There are two different types of grants available to businesses in our City.
Micro Grant – Businesses with 1-5 Full Time Employees or equivalents. Grant up to $10,000
Economic Development –businesses with 6-50 Full time employees or equivalents. Up to $15,000
- After applications are reviewed you will receive an email from our Grant Administrators, Ranson Financial. They will send you employee verification forms to fill out and make an appointment to meet with you. If you have employees, you will need to have each employee fill out the Employee Verification Form. Proof of income will need to be verified for some employees. If you are a sole proprietor business, you will need to fill out the employee verification form for yourself to determine if you qualify. A formula will be followed to see if you qualify.
- The grant funds must be used for working capital (rent/mortgage, utilities, insurance, cleaning supplies, payroll, etc.) It may not be used for paying lump sum debt, if you have received PPE, EIDL, etc., it may not be used for double dipping expenses. Bills can accrue from March 1, 2020 until 60 days after your reopen date. Voided checks, bills stamped paid, etc. will be required.
- Your business will need a DUNS number if you do not already have one. You can go to dnb.com/webform to apply online or call 1-866-705-5711. You should receive your DUNS number within 48 hours. This will allow you to receive federal funding.
- Applications will be reviewed once all documentation is received. All documents, but not limited to receipts, budget forms, completed application, cancelled checks, etc.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to Contact:
Rose Hill City Administrator